Wake up. work out. class. rehearsal. study. hang out with friends. go to sleep.
That is my schedule everyday and I always find myself start to drift around that time of day that people call the mid-afternoon slump. My energy drops and paying attention in class is the ultimate struggle. Yes, an almond milk latte might perk me up for 30 more minutes, but these raw chocolate energy balls give me what I need to stay productive. They contain healthy fats, carbs, protein, and superfoods. Spend 20 minutes at the beginning of your week making these and you will thank yourself later.
Author: adapted from Yummy Addiction
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/3 + 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 almond flakes
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, cacao powder, 1/3 cup coconut, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, chocolate, salt.
- In a small bowl, melt the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil in the microwave in 10 second increments (stir after each) until smooth and combined. Stir in vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir together.
- In a small shallow bowl, stir together the almond flakes and 1/4 cup coconut. Using wet hands roll the oat mixture into balls then roll them in the bowl of coconut and almonds for the outer coating. Place in refrigerator to set.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.